Fresh Lemon Oatmeal CookiesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs unbeaten shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 cup sifted flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups quick or regular uncooked oatmeal shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cream shortening gradually adding sugar.
- Cream until light and fluffy then add eggs and beat vigorously.
- Add lemon juice, lemon peel and water.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and oatmeal mixing well.
- Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.