Pot Roast Layered in a Slow CookerFrom loring 9 years ago
- Large hunka beef - (4 lb roast) rinse & dry shopping list
- 2 Tbsp oil shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 layer small new potatoes (1/2 lb), cut in half shopping list
- 1 layer chopped onions, fresh or frozen shopping list
- 1 layer (1 C) baby carrots (from a bag is fine) fresh or frozen shopping list
- 1 layer (1 C) mushrooms - (if you like 'em) - halved shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock - low salt! shopping list
- 1 can cream of celery soup shopping list
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup steak sauce (I like A1) shopping list
How to make it
- Salt and pepper roast.
- Sear all sides of beef in oil in hot frying pan.
- Layer veges in crock pot (I spray it first with no-stick spray).
- Put roast into cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook 3.5 hours on high, or 8-9 hours on low. Don't open the cooker! It lowers the temp and prolongs cooking time. Don't stir - it's doing fine.
- To serve beautifully: remove roast, snip and remove string. Carve slices and lay on platter, cover with veges and broth. Remaining broth can be mixed with a little flour (and water if necessary), and heated to make a gravy. Pour over or serve on the side.