Orange-Blossom WafflesFrom hottamale 10 years ago
- 1/2 c. pecans, toasted @ 300 degrees for 10 min. shopping list
- 1&1/3 c. flour shopping list
- 2T. sugar shopping list
- 4t. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. nutmeg shopping list
- 2 & 1/2t. grated orange rind, divided shopping list
- 2 lrg. eggs shopping list
- 4T. unsalted butter; melted & cooled to lukewarm shopping list
- 1 & 1/2c. orange or lemon flavored seltzer shopping list
- 1c. maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4c. fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1t. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- pinch of salt. shopping list
How to make it
- Grind the pecans with the flour, sugar, baking powder, 1/2t. salt & nutmeg in a food processor or blender until fine as possible.
- Add 2t. of the grated orange rind & pulse a few more times.
- Transfer everything to a big bowl.
- Whicks together the eggs and cooled butter in a small bowl.
- Add this to pecan mixture.
- Whisk in seltzer.
- Cook waffles on waffle iron according to the directions for your model.
- Meanwhile, gently heat together the maple syrup, orange juice, lemon juice, the remaining 1/2t. orange rind and the salt.
- Serve syrup with waffles.