Bacon Tomato Mini TartsFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 1 pound low sodium bacon cut into small slices (crosswise) and cooked to crispy shopping list
- 1 package grape tomatoes cut into quarters shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced white onion shopping list
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs shopping list
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package of refrigerated flaky biscuits shopping list
How to make it
- When the bacon is cooked and crispy, drain it on paper towels and let it cool.
- With your knife, cut it into slightly smaller pieces but don't make it into tiny bits and crumbles.
- You want to still taste the bacon chunks.
- Mix the bacon, tomatoes, onion, cheese, garlic, mayo and herbs in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Open your biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit with your fingers into 3 thin disks instead of just one.
- You'll need a mini muffin pan if you want your tarts to have a "middle."
- take each biscuit disk and urge it into the muffin hole so it slides to the bottom and up the sides to form a tart crust.
- You can use your knuckle to get the middle of the crust to go to the bottom.
- Put a heaping teaspoon of mixture in each indentation.
- The whole mixture and the biscuit dough will make 24 tarts
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes until browned on the edges.
- Let them cool slightly in the pan and then remove to let them cool. You can serve warm, room temperature or even store refrigerated and then re-heat and serve later.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating2 people
Mystic, I love tarts, I love this recipe.... picture is beautiful.berry in Winter Park loved it