Mini Mushroom Sausage QuichesFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage, removed from casing and crumbled into small pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup 1% milk shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F.
- Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add oil to the pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to the bowl with the sausage.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions, cheese and pepper.
- 3. Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
- 4. Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack.
- Turn upright and let cool completely.