Puffed Crab RollFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sherry shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely-flaked imitation crab meat shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a rectangular baking pan.
- In a heavy medium saucepan melt butter then stir in flour, salt and nutmeg.
- Add milk then cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating with a wire whisk until combined then spread egg mixture in baking pan.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a heavy saucepan melt the 2 tablespoons butter then stir in flour, salt and Tabasco sauce.
- Add whipping cream all at once then cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add sherry then cook and stir for one minute more then stir in crab and cook for 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Line a flat surface with a large sheet of waxed paper.
- When the omelet is done immediately loosen from pan and invert the omelet onto the sheet of waxed paper.
- Spread omelet with crab filling then roll up jelly-roll style starting from the short sides.
- Transfer crab roll to a serving platter seam-side down and serve topped with a cheese sauce or salsa.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
I live right on the Irish Sea and I am going to use real crab in this because I don't think we have imitation crab here. I love anything with crab and could live on it the rest of my life. Thanks for the post!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!