potatoe pancakesFrom maryoftoday 5 years ago
- (makes twelve, 4-inch pancakes) shopping list
- 6 potatoes, coarsely grated shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 carrot, grated shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Put grated potato in a colander, set over a bowl or the sink, and press out the liquid with your hands. The potato will eventually turn pink, this is normal. Let the potato sit in the bowl for another 5 minutes and press again.
- 2. Combine the potatoes with the milk, carrot, egg, and flour in a bowl. Stir the ingredients to mix.
- 3. In a large, heavy skillet or non-stick pan, heat 1 Tbl. oil on medium heat.
- 4. Add about ¼ cup of batter per cake, turning them when golden brown on the bottom.
- 5. Place cakes on a plate covered with paper towels and keep warm in a low heated oven until all the cakes are ready.
- 6. Serve potato pancakes with fresh applesauce or plain yogurt.
- TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes (283 g)
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount per serving
- Calories 277
- Calories from fat 48
- Total Fat 5 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 48 mg
- Sodium 621 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 50 g
- Dietary Fiber 4 g
- Sugars 0 g
- Protein 8 g
- Vitamin A 90%
- Vitamin C 65%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 15%
The Cookmaryoftoday Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!