Hubbard Squash SeedsFrom pointsevenout 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Clean out the Hubbard Squash hollow with a large cooking spoon to get the seeds and string all out in one glop, placing the ball in a bowl strainer.
- Cull seeds from string ball under slow running cold water. They release fairly easy leaving the string ball together in one piece instead of being strown around.
- Rinse the seeds removing most of the small bits of squash and string. Don't worry about getting it all out.
- Pour the seeds onto a baking tray and spread out. Blot the seeds with a paper towel to pick up most of the rest of the moisture and residual squash pieces and strings. Brush back onto the tray any seeds that stick to the paper towel and repeat. After a couple/three blottings the seeds will be fairly clean and dry.
- Spread the seeds well on the baking sheet and sprinkle with soy sauce.
- Bake at 350* stirring every 3 to 5 minutes until the first seed pops its shell. Remove from oven and cool. Transfer to a quart baggie or air-tight container.
- Eat at your leisure.