Tortellini With Roasted Garlic SauceFrom elaina253 8 years ago
- 1 large bulb of garlic shopping list
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh tortellini (I used tri-colored five cheese) shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream (I used light, rather than nonfat) shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cut 1/2-inch off top of garlic and remove papery outer skin, leaving cloves intact. Wrap garlic in foil and bake 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions (do NOT overcook, best to undercook a bit). Rinse under cold water, drain well on paper towels. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat(medium-high worked better for me). Add tortellini in batches to oil, cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Add more oil if necessary. Drain on paper towels.
- Separate cooled garlic into cloves; pinch each clove so roasted flesh comes out and place in blender or food processor. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and hot sauce. Cover and process until pureed and very smooth. Spoon into small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until hot and bubbly. Transfer to small serving bowl.
- To serve, arrange tortellini on serving platter. Dip into Roasted Garlic Sauce.