Philly Cheese Steak SandwichFrom elaina253 8 years ago
- 2 fresh Italian sandwich rolls or Kaiser buns, split in half crosswise shopping list
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound rib-eye steak, very very thinly shaved or sliced shopping list
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced white American cheese, or provolone cheese OR 4 ounces melted Cheese Whiz shopping list
- ketchup, optional topping shopping list
- Italian pickled peppers, accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. When hot add the oil, onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Push off to 1 side of the griddle.
- Add the meat to the hot pan and cook, stirring and breaking up with the back of 2 metal spatulas, until almost no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Mix in the Sauteed vegetables. Top with cheese slices and melt. Spoon the cheesy meat mixture into the warm buns and serve immediately with condiments of choice or Put the meat in the bun and dip the spatula in the cheese whiz and then wipe the spatula down the inside of the bread.
People Who Like This Dish 102
The Cookelaina253 Federal Way, WA
The Rating6 people
Love a good steak sandwich!! ^5windy1950 in Flint loved it
I just love cheese so I prepared this sandwich.Its very tasty I love it .I am going to prepare it whenever I get time.byGilles in Laguna Hills loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!