Black Bean and Pork StewFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 2 cans (15oz each) cooked black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 lb boneless ham,cut into 3/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 3/4 lb. Italian dinner link sausage, cut into 1-inch peices shopping list
- 3/4 lb. smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, stems removed shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoongrated orange peel shopping list
- cornbread or crusty rolls (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- Combine all ingredients except cornbread or rolls in a large Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, skimming foam off if necessary.
- Cover; transfer to oven. Bake for 30 minutes; uncover and ake for 30 minutes more, stirring occasonally.
- Serve hot with cornbread or rolls, if desired, or cool slightly, then cover and refrigerate overnight (we never can wait that long).
- Remove any fat from surface. Reheat over low heat.