Currant RollsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 cakes compressed yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sour milk at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 5-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped currants, dates and raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Crumble yeast in bowl then add sugar and pour milk over and let stand 10 minutes.
- Melt butter and shortening and allow to cool.
- Sift flour then measure and sift again with soda and salt.
- Add melted shortening to yeast mixture.
- Mix well then add sifted dry ingredients beating until a smooth dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to a well greased bowl and brush top with butter.
- Set bowl in a warm, not hot place until dough has risen to 3 times its original size.
- Turn it out of the bowl without stirring onto a well floured board.
- Roll dough to 1/8” thickness then brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, currants, dates and raisins.
- Cut in strips 3/4” long.
- Roll each up and place in a greased muffin pan.
- Let rise in a warm place 15 minutes then bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!