Braised Chestnunt and Mushroom with CarrotFrom wokkingmum 10 years ago
- 1 1/2 carrots, skinned and chopped in chunks shopping list
- 10 Chinese dried mushrooms, soaked to soften and stalks removed (retain the water) shopping list
- 8 Fresh chestnuts, soaked in hot water to ease the peeling of shell. shopping list
- 1 bowl water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce shopping list
- oil shopping list
How to make it
- After removing the shells from the chestnuts, deep fry them in oil for 30 seconds. This helps to cut down the chestnuts from breaking during braising.
- Saute the mushrooms and carrots for 1 minute.
- Put all the 2 vegetables in a pot.
- Add in the water retained from the mushrooms and additional water if required to cover the vegetables.
- Add in the oyster sauce and simmer for 1 hour or longer if you prefer your vegetables to be softer.
- The liquid in the pot should be lesser than half and is thick.
- Add in light soy sauce if you find it too bland.
- Serve with rice.
The Cookwokkingmum Singapore, SG
- Not added to any groups yet!