Simply LasagneFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 250g box lasagne noodles shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1 ½ cups no-salt-added crushed tomatoes shopping list
- ½ cup dry red wine shopping list
- 2 red peppers – roasted, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- ½ tbsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt + pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree shopping list
- 500g extra creamy ricotta cheese (full-fat) shopping list
- 1 10-oz package frozen spinach, thawed and pressed dry shopping list
- ¼ cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried parsley shopping list
- ½ tbsp dried basil shopping list
- ½ tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 3 oz Mozzarella, grated shopping list
- 1 oz Asiago, grated (don’t use the pre-grated stuff!) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, bring heavily salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook 5 minutes. They will still be firm. Remove from water, spread on cookie sheets in a single layer and allow to cool.
- Brown beef in a large skillet, breaking up with a wooden spoon into crumbles.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, red wine, roasted red peppers and spices. Simmer 10 minutes, then stir in pumpkin puree.
- Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, milk and remaining spices. Stir until smooth.
- Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a greased 9x13” baking dish.
- Top with a layer of lasagne noodles, overlapping slightly.
- Add a thin layer of the cheese mixture, followed by a thick layer of sauce.
- Top with noodles, then layer all remaining cheese mixture but ¼ cup on top.
- Top directly with the final layer of noodles.
- Combine remaining ricotta and tomato sauces in the skillet. Spread over the top layer of noodles.
- Combine the grated Mozzarella and Asiago in a bowl, sprinkle over sauce.
- Cover with tin foil and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Uncover the lasagne and bake 45 minutes, tenting with foil if cheese starts browning too much.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
not goodsophiebabez in Didcot loved it