Cedar Plank SalmonFrom zentenn 6 years ago
- 1 Cedar plank (dimensions are up to you, but you can buy these things almost anywhere nowadays.It should fit the salmon with at least an inch of border, but not too big to fit in your barbeque) shopping list
- 1 whole salmon fillet shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- brown sugar to taste shopping list
- Spray bottle of water, just in case shopping list
How to make it
- Soak plank in water 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium
- Place salmon on plank and rub top lightly with oil
- Sprinkle well with salt and pepper
- Cover salmon with brown sugar
- Place board with salmon on heated grill and close lid.
- For a filet about an inch at its thickest and depending on how good your barbeque is, it will grill for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- The plank sides may flare up during cooking this is no big deal as long as you keep the salmon about an inch away from the edges.
- Remove and serve.