Walk Away Apricot ChickenFrom meek 7 years ago
How to make it
- Start with a very large deep pan, brown onions, chicken legs and fine chopped carrot.
- When brown add orange juice, cut up dried apricots (I usually cut them roughly with scissors) and honey. Turn down the temp, to a med simmer.
- Once the sauce is warm and all melted together taste the mix, add a pinch of nutmeg and a small pinch of chilli powder (you want a warm feeling not a hot taste) then slowly add the French onion soup mix powder until it reaches you preference of sweet and savoury.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked threw, and the carrot is soft.
- Serve over rice.
- Some other nice ads are coconut flesh or cream if you want something a little more tropical/creamy, but then swap the nutmeg for fresh ginger.