Banana BreadFrom annielastrilla 10 years ago
- 1 cup roasted pecans, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- a teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted and cooled unsalted butter shopping list
- 4-5 large ripe medium bananas, mashed shopping list
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 180 degrees C. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. Dont overmix the batter or you'll end up with a tough bread. Make sure the batter is chunky and thick and not smooth. Scrape batter into prepared pan and place the slices of banana on top of the batter for garnish.
- Bake until bread is golden brown, about 55 to 60 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.