Pan Seared Duck Breasts With Green Peppercorn SauceFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon duck fat (Graisse de Canard Gold) shopping list
- 2 Boneless duck breasts shopping list
- 1 tablespoons cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoons crushed dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 3 shallots, finely minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups red wine shopping list
- 1-1/2 oz Glace de Canard Gold (duck stock reduction) optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed dry green peppercorns shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- For the Duck:
- Heat the duck fat in a heavy frying pan or skillet.
- Score the skin of the duck beasts with sharp knife in a diamond pattern (this will allow the fat to escape during cooking).
- Mix the cracked black pepper, crushed rosemary and salt in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture over the duck breasts.
- Fry the breasts skin side down over high heat until the skin is well browned, (3 to 5 minutes).
- Turn the breasts over, lower the heat to medium and continue frying until the breast is cooked to your taste, (3 to 7 minutes).
- Transfer breasts to a cutting board and keep warm.
- For the Sauce:
- Discard all but a tablespoon of the fat from the pan.
- Add the chopped shallots and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the red wine, and water, and boil until reduced by 1/2.
- Add the cream and green peppercorns and simmer an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Carve the duck breasts in diagonal slices and drain any juices from carving into the sauce and whisk.
- Place slices on plates and spoon sauce over the slices and serve at once.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
this is fantastic! I didnt have heavy cream, so I omitted it and the water for the sauce. Tender, simple, easy, and restaurant quality!cassmolasses in loved it