Mussel StewFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 10 punds mussels in their shells shopping list
- 1 large chopped white onion shopping list
- 1 ounce butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 cloves crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 ounce butter for thickening shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub mussels under running water then rinse well and throw away any with an open shell.
- Melt chopped onion in butter in a large saucepan.
- Add mussels and all remaining ingredients except salt, parsley and extra butter.
- Cook over very high heat and cover with a glass plate for 5 minutes.
- Fish them out of the liquid and only keep the top shells to which mussels are attached for serving.
- Return liquid to the heat and let it reduce by fast boiling with the lid off.
- You can now thicken this by melting the extra butter with 1 ounce flour and 1/2 cup thin cream.
- Add this to the soup in the pot and boil.
- When soup is ready pour it over the half shelled mussels and garnish with chopped parsley.