TiramisuFrom batistasbaby 6 years ago
- 2 cups (16 ounces) heavy cream, well chilled shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fresh mascarpone or creme friche shopping list
- approximately 50 ladyfingers in strips shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fresh, strong espresso, cooled shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder or chocolate shavings shopping list
How to make it
- Whip the cream and confectioners' sugar until it forms soft peaks. Keep cold.
- In a bowl, stir the mascarpone to soften it. Fold in the whipped cream until well blended.
- Pour the espresso into a wide-bottom container. Dip the ladyfingers (flat side down) into the espresso. Place into serving container making single layer covering the bottom.
- Spread approximately 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture over first layer of ladyfingers, smoothing evenly.
- Repeat with remaining ladyfingers, making a second layer.
- Smooth remaining mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers. Top with sifted cocoa or shaved chocolate.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving, overnight is ideal.