Rosemary Corn CakesFrom nikchick 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup plus 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the honey, egg and egg yolk. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and beat in the dry ingredients and rosemary. Pour in the cream and blend well; the dough will be quite sticky.
- On a generously floured work surface, with floured hands, pat the dough into an 8 x 12 inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Using a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter dipped in flour, cut out individual cakes. Gently pat the dough scraps together and cut out more cakes.
- Place the cakes about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet and place a tiny rosemary sprig in the corner of each cake. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown. Let the cakes rest a few minutes on the baking sheets; they are very tender and quite fragile. Using a spatula, carefully transfer the cakes to a rack to cool.