Pumpkin Puree For PiesFrom borius 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cut pumpkin into manageable sections.
- Put into stockpot.
- Cover with water.
- Boil until pumpkin meat can be pierced easily with butterknife.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Remove skin.
- Can be frozen in zipper bags.
- Try this in my Houdini Pumpkin Praline Pie, IT IS EXCELLENT!
The Cookborius Klamath Falls, OR
The Rating2 people
This turned out so well. I can not believe I haven't done this in the past. My family raved about the pie and the only thing I changed was fresh pumpkin instead of canned!!! I hope you don't mind the picture...tarra in Soda Springs loved it
fabulous trick.... I should really try and make homemade puree... another reason to use up those pumpkins with the upcoming season...divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!