Springs Homestyle Mashed PotatoesFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place a 2 quart pan of water on the stove to bring to a boil.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, wash the potatoes. Be sure to get all of the dirt off as we do not peel.
- Cut into one inch chunks and place in the water.
- Use a fork to test for doneness. If the fork goes in to a potato chunk with out a problem, then its done.
- Pour into a drainer to remove the water.
- Place potatoes in a medium size mixing bowl.
- We hand mash with, duh, and hand masher. Because we really do like them lumpy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add butter and mash until it is blended.
- Add milk a bit at a time so you do not make they to soft. You want them to be creamy but to still hold thier shape whem you put them on a full plate of food.
- Don't forget the gravy or sour cream if you prefer.