Sweet Potato and Black Bean BurritosFrom jillk2000 9 years ago
- 2 sweet potatoes shopping list
- 2 oz chedder cheese shopping list
- tortillas (whole wheat, or regular) shopping list
- salsa (optional) shopping list
- sour cream (optional) shopping list
- Bean Mixture: shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (I use Low Sodium) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (or any prepared mustard) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp Chipotle Tabasco sauce (or powder, or from a can) shopping list
- cayenne pepper (if you REALLY want it spicy) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roast whole sweet potatoes until very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans and water, and heat until warm. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, soy sauce, Tabasco and cayenne pepper (if using). Let this bubble away while you get the sweet potatoes ready.
- When potatoes are soft and cooled, Peel them, place in a bowl and mash until no big chunks remain.
- Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the tortillas. Roll the tortillas up and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes in oven, and serve, topped with salsa and/or sour cream.
The Cookjillk2000 New York, NY
The Rating3 people
This was really good. At first I wasn't happy with the black bean mixture by itself, but once it was mixed with the sweet potatos it was excellent. Great combination Thanks.preschs in Aptos loved it