So Sweet Squash PicklesFrom zena824 6 years ago
- 3 small yellow summer squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick (about 3 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (i medium) shopping list
- 1 large red sweet pepper, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seed shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonmetal bowl combine squash, onion, and sweet pepper.
- Sprinkle salt all over vegetables; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour; drain off liquid.
- In a 3 quart saucepan combine sugar, vinegar, mustard seed,
- celery seed, and ground mustard; heat to boiling.
- Add squash mixture; return to boiling; remove from heat.
- Ladle mixture into 2 clean pint jars; cool 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator up to one month.
- Makes 2 pints.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!