English Muffin BreadFrom nlo209 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add hot water and mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes on medium speed of electric mixer. Blend in oil and eggs.
- Add more flour to make a stiff batter. Beat until batter is smooth and elastic, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until light and bubbly, about 1 hour. Stir down.
- Grease 2 4 1/2x8 1/2 " loaf pans and dust with cornmeal.
- Divide dough and place half in each pan. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 375ºF oven 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely in pans
- To serve, slice and toast. Makes 2 loaves