Tandoori ChickenFrom unswissmiss 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken parts shopping list
- 1/2 C plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp red chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom shopping list
How to make it
- Run garlic through a press, or finely mince.
- Grate ginger.
- Mix together yogurt, oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and spices.
- Make diagonal slashes in the chicken meat to allow marinade to penetrate better. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken parts.
- Marinate for 4 hours at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally. If the chicken is placed in the refrigerator, bring it to room temperature before cooking (approximately 1 hour).
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush grill or shallow baking pan with a little oil to keep chicken from sticking. Arrange chicken on the pan.
- Broil chicken 2-3 inches away from the heat until cooked through, approximately 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Serve hot with basmati rice or naan (Indian flatbread).
People Who Like This Dish 21
- SabrinaYoung Nowhere, Us
- danawitczak Grand Rapids, Michigan
- iggy Cincinnati, OH
- nathancarnes Bellingham, WA
- katiedyd59 Bastrop, LA
- healthwise Calgary, CA
- ntycupid Shawnigan Lake, CA
- jrowlan3 Colorado Springs, CO
- rucrappingmypants Pleasant Grove, UT
- cheryilyn Salem, OR
- Plus 11 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
The Rating3 people
Since the marinade is not basted during cooking, I usually make some spinach alongside, and dump the marinade in to flavor the greens. Make sure to cook thoroughly, though!unswissmiss in Basel loved it