Zucchini LasagnaFrom tammysunshine5 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 lb ground italian sausage shopping list
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz) shopping list
- 1 jar marinara sauce (15 oz) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning shopping list
- 24 oz ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 parsley, chopped shopping list
- 6 unpeeled zucchini, cut lengthwise into thin slices (approx 8 inches long) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the beef and sausage in hot oil ina large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook for several minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes with juice, marinara sauce, salt, basil, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Combine the ricotta, eggs, and parsley in a medium bowl
- Spoon 1/4 of the sauce onto the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the zucchini, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, and 1/4 of the mozzarella. Top with another 1/4 of the sauce.
- Repeat the layers two more times (for a total of three layers), ending with the sauce.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and cover with remainin 1/4 of the mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes more, or until the cheese has melted.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving
The Cooktammysunshine5 Albuquerque, NM
The Rating2 people
we have made this with and without the meat and we love it (we are up to our eyeballs in zucchini right now!) - it was also a big hit at the last BBQ - this is a great way for lasagna lovers looking to cut carbs! FIVE FORKS!blackpondoutfitters in Alto Pass loved it
This recipe is simply perfect! Surprised it hasn't been rated yet! Definitely a 5! I love zucchini, saving this one!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!