Creamy Fennel And Potato SoupFrom sola 8 years ago
- 2 Tblsp.olive oil shopping list
- 6 cups coarsely chopped & cored, fresh fennel bulbs,fronds reserved shopping list
- 2 medium onions,chopped shopping list
- 1/2 lb white skinned potatoes,peeled,diced shopping list
- 4 cups (or more) low salt chicken broth,or vegetable broth if desired shopping list
- 2 Tsp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 Tsp fennel seeds,finely crushed shopping list
- 3/4 Tsp. dried tarragon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.Add fennel bulbs,onions and poatoes;sprinkle with salt and pepper.Saute until slightly softened,about 8 minutes.Add 4 cups broth and 2 teaspoons lemon juice,bring to boil.Reduce heat,cover,and simmer until vegetables are very tender.About 30 minutes.Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile,bring cream,fennel seeds and tarragon to boil in a heavy small saucepan.Reduce heat,simmer 5 minutes.Remove from heat;cover let stand 20 minutes so flavors blend.
- Working in batches,puree soup in blender until smooth.Return to pot,stir in cream mixture.Simmer low until flavors blend.Thinning with more broth if desired.Serve warm.
- Garnish with chopped fennel fronds.
The Cooksola Charlotte, NC
The Rating2 people
Delicious! It was lumpier than I would have liked, though I whirred it thoroughly; but the taste was excellent: balanced and very flavorful. Definitely a "make-again" soup.hollyeats in Shaftesbury loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!