Turkey Pot Pie Courtesy of Paula DeenFrom lor 7 years ago
- flour, for dusting shopping list
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 (11-ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup shopping list
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of celery soup shopping list
- 1 large turkey skinned, cooked, boned and cubed shopping list
- 2 medium onions, diced shopping list
- 2 cup cooked butternut squash, diced shopping list
- 2 cup cranberries shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust, dust surface with flour.
- Cut 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry into 1 inch strips, 8 inches long.
- On a large cookie sheet, weave strips into a lattice large enough to cover each pot pie.
- Mix egg and milk together and brush onto each lattice square.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Dough will rise and turn light golden brown.
- Set aside until ready to assemble pies.
- In a large saucepan heat the soups.
- Stir in turkey, onion, squash, cranberries, salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil. In an oven-proof dish, fill with mixture and top with the pre-cooked lattice square.
- Bake for 5 - 10 minutes until bubbly and puff pastry is deep golden brown.
- Cook's Note:
- Cutting the puff pastry with a fluted-wheel creates elegant edges.
- Good substitutions for Cheddar cheese soup are cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
Oh yum this recipe looks good. I'm going to substitute chicken for the turkey because I save turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks for a great 5 recipe.mishi in loved it
My mouth was watering the first time I saw the recipe on tv. I am glad you posted it here.zoeb in Seattle loved it
I LOVE Miss Paula's cooking. Her recipes rock my world and whenever I have prepared anything of hers it always turns out so fiiiiiine. Thanks for posting and it's got my 5 forks.shazam in New York loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!