Turkey Pot Pie Courtesy of Paula DeenFrom lor 7 years ago
- flour, for dusting shopping list
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 (11-ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup shopping list
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of celery soup shopping list
- 1 large turkey skinned, cooked, boned and cubed shopping list
- 2 medium onions, diced shopping list
- 2 cup cooked butternut squash, diced shopping list
- 2 cup cranberries shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust, dust surface with flour.
- Cut 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry into 1 inch strips, 8 inches long.
- On a large cookie sheet, weave strips into a lattice large enough to cover each pot pie.
- Mix egg and milk together and brush onto each lattice square.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Dough will rise and turn light golden brown.
- Set aside until ready to assemble pies.
- In a large saucepan heat the soups.
- Stir in turkey, onion, squash, cranberries, salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil. In an oven-proof dish, fill with mixture and top with the pre-cooked lattice square.
- Bake for 5 - 10 minutes until bubbly and puff pastry is deep golden brown.
- Cook's Note:
- Cutting the puff pastry with a fluted-wheel creates elegant edges.
- Good substitutions for Cheddar cheese soup are cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
I LOVE Miss Paula's cooking. Her recipes rock my world and whenever I have prepared anything of hers it always turns out so fiiiiiine. Thanks for posting and it's got my 5 forks.shazam in New York loved it
My mouth was watering the first time I saw the recipe on tv. I am glad you posted it here.zoeb in Seattle loved it
Oh yum this recipe looks good. I'm going to substitute chicken for the turkey because I save turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks for a great 5 recipe.mishi in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!