Stir-fried Chicken with Ginger and ScallionsFrom bylow919 8 years ago
- 1 chicken breast (deboned, skinned and cut lengthwise into 2-inch chicken strips) shopping list
- 4 stalks of scallions (cut into 2-inch sections) shopping list
- 2 inches fresh ginger root (sliced into pieces) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (one tablespoon for marinating chicken) shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon of potato flour or corn flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine shopping list
- 1 dash of white pepper powder shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate the chicken strips with potato flour or corn flour and add one tablespoon of oil to seal in the juice of the chicken. Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat up your wok and pour the remaining cooking oil into the wok. When the wok gets very hot and begins to smoke, add in the ginger and stir for a few seconds, then add the scallions and stir until thoroughly hot. Add in the chicken strips and continue to stir well. Just when the chicken strips start to cook, add in the oyster sauce, sesame oil, cooking wine, white pepper, sugar, and toss the wok a few times. Remove from heat and serve hot with steamed white rice.
The Cookbylow919 Irvine, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!