Caldillo - Little Pot - Mexican Beef StewFrom rahamby 7 years ago
- 2 Pounds Round Or chuck steak, Cubed shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2-3 Med. Anaheim (aka Caribe) peppers, sliced or chopped thin shopping list
- 1 Med onion, Chopped Coarsely shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Chile Powder shopping list
- 1 10 oz. Can Ro-Tel tomatoes shopping list
- 1 4 oz. Can diced green chilies shopping list
- To Taste Dried/crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 8 oz. Can tomato sauce shopping list
- To Taste salt & pepper shopping list
- water shopping list
- 2 Med. potatoes, Diced shopping list
- 2 to 3 cups sweet corn, preferably the frozen shopping list
How to make it
- - Brown meat in oil - do not drain.
- - Add remaining ingredients, except potatoes.
- - Add enough water to cover.
- - Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- - Add potatoes, and additional water to cover, if necessary.
- - Simmer another 30-45 minutes, or until liquid is cooked down to resemble a stew rather than a soup. (You may want to raise heat and uncover to cook down faster).
- - Add the sweet corn late.