Carne GuisadaFrom rahamby 7 years ago
- 2 Lbs. beef stew meat (or chuck roast) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. salad oil shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Chopped onion shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz. Can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 4 oz. Can Chopped green chilis shopping list
- 2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- to taste salt shopping list
- to taste black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- - Brown meat in oil in Dutch Oven.
- - Add onion, sauté until onion is soft.
- - Add Remaining ingredients.
- - Cook, covered, over low heat, for AT LEAST 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- - Remove cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until mixture is thickened. (You may need to add some cornstarch/water mixture to thicken further).
- ALTERNATE COOKING METHOD:
- - Cook all day in slow-cooker on "low".
- - Turn to "high" and remove cover for last 30 minutes. (Still may need to thicken, though).
- ********* Serving suggestions : **********
- - just as a thick stew,
- - as a "sopa" on top of "fideos",
- - with flour tortillas as tacos.