Batter Fried SteakFrom awd5 8 years ago
- 3 lbs 1/2 thick round steak, (pounded to thickness) shopping list
- 4 c vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 2 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt; additional salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl combine your milk, hot pepper sauce and salt. Add one cup of flour in another medium bowl. Combine the remaining flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper in a third medium bowl .
- Dip the steak in the unseasoned flour and coat it, then dip into the milk and pepper mixture. Next coat your meat in the bowl with seasoned flour. If you have more than one piece of meat, repeat for each piece.
- Pout the oil into a medium skillet and heat the oil at medium high heat. Make sure the oil is fully heated. Place the coated meat in the skillet and fry for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain meat on paper towels.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookawd5 San Diego, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!