Pennsylvania Dutch Green BeansFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 3 strips bacon cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 1 small onion sliced shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts sliced shopping list
- 1 pound can cut green beans shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Brown onions and water chestnuts slightly in hot bacon fat.
- Drain beans saving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Mix liquid with remaining ingredients and add to onion in skillet.
- Cook stirring until mixture boils.
- Add beans and heat thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with crumbled bacon.