Peach CobblerFrom caramia 8 years ago
- Filling shopping list
- 4-5 cups peeled and sliced peaches shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbs flour shopping list
- 1/4 ts salt shopping list
- 1/4 ts nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 ts cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into small pieces shopping list
- In large bowl, combine all filling except butter. Spoon mixture into pastry; place pieces of butter over top. shopping list
- Pastry shopping list
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll out dough on floured surface. Prepare 4 pastry shells to fit a deep sided baking dish.
- Bake 2 of the shells until golden brown. Cool.
- Place 1 unbaked shell in bottom of dish. Add layer of peach filling.
- Place a baked shell and cover with remaining peach filling. Top with final unbaked pastry to cover the dish.
- Bake at 350 F (175 C) for 45 minutes or until golden brown.