Cranberry BreadFrom momofonesofar 9 years ago
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 medium eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted margarine or oil shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare this, you will need to get out your favorite large mixing bowl. Measure the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into it. Mix the dry ingredients up with a fork or a whisk, to distribute the baking powder and salt evenly. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Crack in the eggs. Add the margarine, milk and vanilla. Combine all of these ingredients until the batter is well mixed, but still a little lumpy, sort of like muffin batter, but a little smoother. Dump in the cranberries. If they are frozen, don't bother thawing them; they will thaw as they cook. Stir the batter well. Divide the mixture between two well oiled 8" by 4" loaf pans. 350 degrees for 45 minutes. You can tell they are done when a knife inserted into the center of the largest one, comes out clean. If they aren't done, but are very brown on top, then reduce the heat and continue cooking until the centers are cooked through. Allow the bread to sit a few minutes before removing from the pan. Yum.
The Cookmomofonesofar SC
- Not added to any groups yet!