Roasted TurkeyFrom oldgringo 9 years ago
How to make it
- Thoroughly defrost and clean the turkey Inspect the cavities.
- Dry inside and out and put in refrigerator until needed.
- When you are ready to roast the bird; first, preheat the over to 350°F.
- Prepare the stuffing* and stuff the breast and inside cavities.
- Truss the bird and place it in the baking pan.
- Roast the turkey for 30 minutes uncovered; then cover and continue roasting for 30 minutes more.
- At this point, quickly add the water, cover and return to oven. Allow the
- steam to cook the turkey for 30 minutes more; then remove cover and baste with butter as turkey roasts, until done. (About another 15 minutes per pound of raw turkey weight)
- * Note: In preparing the stuffing, heat the stock and use the heated stuffing to fill the cavities. This helps cook the bird and insures a high internal temperature.