Cinnamon Griddle SconesFrom crossfire 7 years ago
How to make it
- preheat griddle over medium high heat
- stir together flour, tartar, salt, cinnamon, sugar, soda ,buttermilk solids.
- add water and stir until well combined.
- turn batter out on to a well buttered surface, knead a few times.
- pat into a circle about 6 1/2 inches in diameter. with a sharp knife, cut dough into 8 wedges
- melt shortening on griddle. when shortening is hot, lower heat to medium and place sconeson griddle.
- cook until one side is brown, turn and cook the other side.
- test for doneness by splitting the scone, it should not be doughy....it should look like a biscuit.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!