Lemon Cottage Cheese CakeFrom nlo209 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, plus additional butter for the baking pan shopping list
- bread crumbs for the baking pan shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 2 cups cottage cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- dash of cream of tartar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Butter a 2 or 3 inch deep baking pan, and dust with bread crumbs
- Cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until light. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the grated rind and the lemon juice and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the cottage cheese to the flour and stir in the cream. Combine well.
- Add the cheese mixture to the butter mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Using a clean bowl, and beaters, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the salt and cream of tartar and continue to beat until the egg whites are stiff but not dry. Fold into the cheese batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until the cake feels firm to the touch. Cool in the oven with the door ajar.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!