Homemade Bratwurst PattiesFrom thepiggs 7 years ago
How to make it
- Completely mix ground beef and pork together. If you have a butcher, you might want to have them mix it together for you.
- Combine all seasoning and add to meat mixture.
- Hand mix the meat and seasoning until completely mixed together.
- Divide mixture into two equal parts. Make 6 - 4oz patties from each part.
- Chill or freeze until needed.
- Can also be hand rolled into long sausages, similar to links.
- If you should choose to stuff bratwurst into casings, mix ½-¾ cup water to meat mixture.
- Stuff casings, being careful not to tear. Tie ends with butcher twine.
- Allow the meat to chill for at least 8 hours before cooking.
- The original recipe called for grinding lean beef and pork. If you choose this method, run the meat through the grinder three times.