Ham and cheese sconeFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary, dried crushed and crumbled shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of sage shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of thyme shopping list
- 3 tbsp of very cold butter, cut in little pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup of extra sharp cheddar, lower fat shopping list
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped ham- (original recipe called for bacon) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of fat free buttermilk shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift the flour. Measure lightly.
- Add baking powder, sugar, salt, cayenne, rosemary, sage, thyme to the flour.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk the egg whites with the buttermilk.
- Add to the flour, stirring until just moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead as lightly as possible with well floured hands. Pat into an eight inch circle on a silpat lined baking sheet, or a cookie sheet spayed with cooking spray.
- Cut the dough into eight wedges, cutting deeply into the dough but not quite all the way through.
- Bake at 400 degree for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Great with soups or as an accompaniement to a fruit, cheese platter and a good glass of wine.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- DEVONP Nowhere, Us
- lemonlavenderlane Northern, Wisconsin
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- iggy Cincinnati, OH
- raspberryreich Lawrenceville, GA
- meileen Zhuhai GuangDong, CN
- cheryilyn Salem, OR
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- marriage Apalachin
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!