Oyster SoupFrom bcollins 9 years ago
- 12 shucked oysters with juice shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 quart chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced button mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (dried) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (dried) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sage (dried) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrot shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Start with a large-sized pot and sauté the diced onion, fresh mushrooms, carrot, and celery in 2 tablespoons of butter for 5 minutes. The onions should be transparent.
- In a separate large-sized pot, melt 1/2 cup of butter and then stir in the flour. Continue to stir and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir the chicken broth into the flour mixture. Add the sautéed vegetables, sage, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, artichokes hearts, bay leaf, and salt. Simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the oysters and the cream. Allow the soup to simmer (without boiling) and serve with bread for dipping.
The Cookbcollins San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!