Brown Sugar Brine for TurkeyFrom shandy 6 years ago
- 4 gallons of water shopping list
- 2 c. kosher salt shopping list
- 2 c. dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 c. coarsely chopped yellow onions shopping list
- 2 oranges, quartered shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed shopping list
- 6 sprigs fresh sage shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 T. black peppercorns shopping list
How to make it
- In an ice chest, water cooler or other container large enough to combine all the brine ingredients and stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Rinse the turkey under cold water and place it in the brine. Make sure the turkey is covered by at least 2 inches of brine. Add ice to keep it cool and let it brine overnight or up to 48 hours.
- Take out of brine and bake turkey according to how you like. This brine will add immense flavor and moisture to the meat. =D
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!