Savory Eye of Round RoastFrom snailer12002 9 years ago
How to make it
- Oil an Iron Skillet with Olive Oil (leave about 2 tablespoons in bottom)
- Rub roast with Olive oil and place in skillet
- Rub roast with rubbed sage.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mince the garlic and place on roast.
- add a little rosemary. (a fresh sprig works well)
- Sear all sides of roast using a med. high setting on your stove.
- Make sure you sear the ends. This should take only about 4 min. for all sides and no more.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Bake 20 min per pound and no more. I sometimes bake it about 10 minutes less for a more rare meat.
- Remove and slice in thin slices. Place skillet with drippings on stove eye.
- Add about 1 cup of water and heat to high. Stir until sauce is rich and dark.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and serve