oatmeal chocolate chip cookiesFrom il_daktora 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp milk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups oats (rolled or “quick,” but not “instant”) shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate chips (about 12-oz.) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until mixture is light in color.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Either by hand or with the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour in to the sugar mixture until just incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
- Bake at 350F for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.
- Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 4 dozen.
- - If you chill the dough for about 30 minutes before baking, you will have a slightly puffier cookie.
- - You can substitute raisins for the chocolate chips.
- - You can add up to 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts in addition to raisins or chocolate chips. You might want to make the cookies slightly larger if this is the case.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookil_daktora Amman, JO
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!