oatmeal chocolate chip cookiesFrom il_daktora 7 years ago
- 1 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp milk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups oats (rolled or “quick,” but not “instant”) shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate chips (about 12-oz.) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until mixture is light in color.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Either by hand or with the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour in to the sugar mixture until just incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
- Bake at 350F for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.
- Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 4 dozen.
- - If you chill the dough for about 30 minutes before baking, you will have a slightly puffier cookie.
- - You can substitute raisins for the chocolate chips.
- - You can add up to 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts in addition to raisins or chocolate chips. You might want to make the cookies slightly larger if this is the case.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookil_daktora Amman, JO
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!