Ginger-Ale SaladFrom nlo209 6 years ago
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 1 small navel orange shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups ginger ale shopping list
- 2 tbsp. strained fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 medium-sized firm ripe peaches, peeled, halved,pitted and cut lengthwise into 1/3 " thick slices. shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh ripe strawberries, washed, hulled and cut lenghwise into 1/3 " thick slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, washed and halved. shopping list
- 1 tbsp. very finely chopped crystallized ginger. shopping list
How to make it
- Spray insides of 1 quart decorative mold.
- Remove the peel and all of the white membrane of the orange with a small sharp knife, using short sawing motions. Section the orange by cutting along both sides of each membrane. Set each section on paper towels to drain.
- Pour the water into a heatproof measuring cup and sprinkle the gelatin over it. When the gelatin has softened for 2 or 3 minutes, set the cup in a small skillet of simmering water and stir over low heat until the gelatin dissolves completely. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into a deep bowl and stir in the ginger ale and lemon juice. Then set the bowl into a larger bowl half filled with crushed ice or ice cubes and cold water. With a metal spoon, stir the mixture until it thickens enough to flow sluggishly off the spoon. Stir in the orange sections, peaches, strawberries, grapes and the crystallized ginger.
- Pour the mixture into the sprayed mold, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until firm to the touch.
- To unmold, dip briefly in hot water, place plate over mold and invert onto plate. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!