Roasted PotatoesFrom sunny 8 years ago
- 1/4 c. each melted butter and olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb. yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunk shopping list
- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunk shopping list
- 1 lg. sweet yellow onion, cut into eights shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, cut into quarters shopping list
- 1 c. unsalted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the butter, oil, sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, onion and garlic in a 10 x 15 inch baking pan at least 2 inches deep. Spread vegetables evenly. Bake on bottom rack at 475 degrees for 30 minutes; stir with wide spatula after 15 minutes. Vegetables near rim of pan begin to brown quickly.
- Mix nuts with potatoes; continue to bake and stir occasionally until potatoes are very tender when pierced and are tinged with brown, about 15 minutes.