Wild RiceFrom sunny 9 years ago
- 1/2 lb wild rice shopping list
- For vinaigrette shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallot shopping list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup long-grain white rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups toasted chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse wild rice in a sieve under cold water, then combine with cold water to cover by 2 inches in a 5-quart pot. Simmer, covered, until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Make vinaigrette while wild rice is simmering:
- Whisk together juice, shallot, vinegar, mustard, and garlic. Gradually whisk in oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook white rice
- After wild rice has been simmering 20 minutes, boil white rice and 1 1/2 cups water in a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan, uncovered and undisturbed, until steam holes appear on surface, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to very low and cook, covered and undisturbed, 15 minutes more. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Assemble salad:
- Rinse cooked wild rice in a sieve under cold water and drain. Stir together rices, vinaigrette, nuts, parsley, dried fruit, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.