Crockpot ChowderFrom msolsbak 8 years ago
- 1 lb ground sirloin shopping list
- 3 15.5-oz. cans black-eyed peas (undrained) shopping list
- 1 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 10.5-oz. can condensed beef broth shopping list
- 2 10-oz. cans diced tomatoes with green chiles shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups instant white rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup water (plus more as needed) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice as shown on the package.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, crumble ground meat, add onion and green pepper. Stir often and cook until beef loses pink color, about five minutes. Drain.
- Mix cooked meat and rice in a 5-qt. crockpot. Stir in diced tomatoes with green chilies, black-eyed peas and beef broth. Add enough water to cover.
- Cook on Low setting 4 to 6 hours. Do not remove cover while cooking.